Awards and Honors
- 2014: Outstanding Paper Award, The 18th Asia Pacific Symposium on Intelligent and Evolutionary
Systems (IES2014), November 10-12, Singapore, for the following paper:
Z. Miao, J. Wang, A. Zhou and K. Tang, "Regularized Boost for Semi-supervised Ranking," in
Proceedings of IES2014, Volume 1, Proceedings in Adaptation, Learning and Optimization Volume
1, 2015, pp 643-651.
- 2014: The China Institute Joint Li Siguang Sino-UK Publication Prize, The University of Birmingham, for the following paper:
M. Lin, K. Tang and X. Yao, "Dynamic Sampling Approach to Training Neural Networks for Multiclass Imbalance Classification," IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 24(4): 647-660, April 2013.
- 2012: New Century Excellent Talent, Ministry of Education of China.
- 2011: Natural Science Award (2nd prize) of Ministry of Education of China.
- 2009: Young Faculty Career Award of the University of Science and Technology of China, awarded by the USTC Alumni Foundation.
- 2009: Honorary Senior Research Fellow, The University of Birmingham, UK.
- 2005: Best Student Paper Award at the 2005 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, San Diego, California, USA, 14-15, November, 2005.