You can download the class notes as a book HERE.
Discussion is allowed, but you must write up you homework solutions INDEPENDENTLY.
The grade for late homework will be multiplied by a decaying exponential with a time constant of three days.
Homework: 20%; Midterm Exam: 35%; Final Exam: 45%
- The Feynman Lectures on Physics (Vol II)
- The Evolution of Physics: From Early Concept to Relativity and Quanta (by Albert Einstein and Leopold Infeld)
- Introduction to Electrodynamics (by David Griffiths)
- The Classical Theory of Fields (by Landau and Lifshitz)
- Homework #1 (Due 03/10)
- Homework #2 (Due 03/22)
- Homework #3 (Due 03/31)
- Homework #3e (Due 04/14)
- Homework #4 (Due 04/28)
- Homework #5 (Due 05/19)
- Homework #6 (Due 06/02)
- Homework #7 (Due 06/09)
- Homework #8 (NO DL)
- Einstein's 1905 papers
- Transverse Electromagnetic Waves with E || B?
- Does a group velocity larger than c violate relativity?
- The Theoretical Minimum
- A Python script to demonstrate wave polarization (You will need Numpy and Matplotlib)
- NRL Plasma Formulary Link 1 Link 2
- Flux Coordinates and Magnetic Field Structure SpringerLink PDF Callen (One of the Authors) PDF Link Amazon Link
- 胡友秋老师电动力学讲义 张量与向量运算, 曲线坐标系